With offices in Oakland, California and headed by renowned trial lawyer Lawrence A. Organ, our world-class law firm specializes in employment and civil rights matters. In the vast majority of our cases, we defend individuals who have experienced sexual harassment, or discrimination in the workplace on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or religion.
California Civil Rights Law Group attorneys take a personal interest in their clients’ cases. Listening to and truly understanding the unique situation of each victim is a top priority, allowing us to provide every client with the strong, fierce representation he or she deserves.
We are proud of our reputation as successful litigation attorneys under the direction of renowned trial lawyer Lawrence A. Organ. If you are in or near Oakland, California, and looking for an Oakland discrimination attorney, reach out for a consultation case evaluation.
Map to Our Oakland Offices
- Sexual Harassment – our Oakland-based attorneys can help you defend against sexual harassment in the workplace or elsewhere.
- Pregnancy Discrimination – discrimination against pregnant women is illegal. If you are looking for a pregnancy discrimination lawyer in Oakland or nearby East Bay communities, call us to discuss your potential case.
- Race Discrimination & Other Discrimination Issues – known as one of the top Oakland civil rights law firms, our lawyers will aggressively work against racial discrimination and other types of discrimination.
- National Origin and Ethnicity Discrimination – the law is clear that discrimination on other criteria such as national origin, ethnicity or religion is illegal. We’re known as one of the leading law firms in Oakland working against all types of discrimination in employment and other areas.
- Workplace and Employment Law – many people come to us looking for an Oakland employment law attorney, but we litigate against all types of workplace discrimination or discrimination you may face at your place of employment.
- LGBTQ Discrimination – whether you are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender / transsexual or questioning, our gender discrimination lawyer team can help determine if you have a case. With an Oakland office convenient to freeways and transit, it’s easy to come in for a free case evaluation.
- Whistleblower Attorneys – if you’ve ‘blown the whistle’ on an employer or organization, you have rights. We can defend them.
In sum, as Oakland-based employment law attorneys, we work hard to identify and defend the rights of our clients. If you are seeking the best Oakland employment law attorneys, please reach out to us for a consultation. No two cases are alike, and our goal is to be the best civil rights and employment law attorneys in Oakland for our clients by aggressively representing them. Start your journey today by reaching out for a no obligation consultation with a lawyer in our Oakland office or by phone.
The history of Old Oakland begins in the late 1860’s, when the Transcontinental Railway opened its western terminus in Oakland, on Third Street near Broadway. This event marked the beginning of the move of the City’s central district away from the waterfront, and northward along Broadway. The prosperity brought by the Railway began a cycle of growth for Oakland which resulted in the commercial hub of the City being firmly established at Ninth Street and Broadway by 1877.
During the late 1800s Old Oakland was the place to be. It was in this neighborhood that City parades began and ended. Old Oakland was home to the City’s best hotels (boasting the luxury of grand ballrooms and “modern,” semi-detached washroom corridors), offices, stores and elegant restaurants. The neighborhood could offer the prosperous businessman prime property, grand shops, a thriving fresh-food market, and the most modern amenities. Old Oakland became home to fine established businesses operated by wealthy entrepreneurs. Source: http://www.old-oakland.com/old-oakland-history